The Wexford Ladies’ Guild, as it was named originally, was founded in 1926 and disbanded at the end of 2016. The original mission of the Guild was to support St George’s Church, Wexford, and members of its congregation. The church was destroyed by arson in 1992 and the congregation merged with that of Christ Church, Rawdon. The Guild continued and became responsible for the pamphlet ministry at Christ Church. Later on, it also took on financial responsibility for the refreshments provided after Sunday services. By the second decade of the 21st century membership in the Guild had become quite small and many of the members no longer lived near the original site; some were no longer in the parish. After 90 years it was decided that the Guild would cease existence as of Dec. 31, 2016.
An annual service on site of St George’s Church continues and this page has been established on the parish website to display scanned copies photos, paintings, cards, or other items that people may have saved and are willing to share but are not ready to give away. The page also has items from the parish’s own collection of memorabilia. Wendy Asbil volunteered to be the Archivist, with the assistance of Sharon Tinkler. Anyone with items that might be suitable to add to this archive may contact us at christchurchrawdon (at) gmail.com